It is strongly recommended that diabetic patients see a podiatrist regularly. A podiatrist will know and understand the impact that diabetes can have on the foot and is trained to identify any problems that may require further medical attention.It is really important that any patient (not only those with diabetes) stays on their feet and remains active. Keeping your feet healthy and pain free is one of the most important steps you can carry out to achieve this.
With proper detection, intervention and care, most foot and ankle problems can be treated or prevented. Our podiatry specialists provide treatment for a range of conditions, including routine foot and toenail care, joint conditions, skin problems, wound care, and heel and foot pain.
Our podiatrists provide people with diabetes the specialized foot care they need to prevent foot diseases and treatment of slow healing foot and leg ulcers.
What you should know about podiatry
- Podiatrists are doctors who specialize in foot and ankle care, focusing in fields including surgery, sports medicine, wound care and diabetic foot diseases.
- The foot has 26 bones, 33 joints and more than 100 tendons, muscles and ligaments, and there are more than 300 possible foot ailments. Early attention to foot problems should be a priority to prevent more serious problems from developing.
- Proper patient education and regular foot care is extremely important for people with diabetes. They may experience a loss of sensation (neuropathy) in their feet or develop sores, which can become seriously infected.
- Orthotics (shoe inserts) can solve many foot problems, especially in children. Orthotics help correct an abnormal gait by fixing alignment between the foot and the lower leg. These shoe inserts are used to treat problems like plantar fasciitis, heel spurs and overpronation (where the foot rolls inward too much when walking).
Why choose Kripa for podiatry care?
- We in our clinic focus mainly on prevention of amputation by early intervention and by using appropriate antibiotics, vasodialators, anti-nuropathic and immunomodulatory medicions.
- podiatrists in our clinic are experienced in treating a wide range of foot conditions, from common foot pain to complex wound management.
- Our podiatrists provide guidance on proper athletic footwear, prescribe custom orthotics, and evaluate your gait and posture to treat or prevent injury or discomfort.
- We offer a comprehensive approach to foot care, including examination, diagnosis, treatment, education and follow-up.
- We have experienced podiatrists and excellent staff to take care of patients who need foot or ankle treatment.